For Equity Release Advice we act as introducers only.
Since April 2007, home reversion plans have been regulated and currently only account for about 10% of all equity release sales. Despite this, home reversion plans are still an important consideration in the overall decision making process.
In return for selling part or all of your property to the reversion company, you receive a tax free lump sum or you can opt for a lifetime income.
You also receive a lifetime lease, which guarantees residence in the property for the rest of your life.
- Plans are available from 65, or if poor health persists, from age 55
- A guaranteed percentage of the property will pass to your beneficiaries
- You will benefit from the increase in value on your share of the property
- There is no accumulation of interest, hence no growing debt
- The older you are, the more cash you can release
- It raises more money than a lifetime mortgage
- You will no longer completely own your own home
- If you sell all your property, your estate will not receive any inheritance
- You will not retain any property price escalation on the proportion of the property sold
- Reversion companies are more selective about the properties they release on
- If you die shortly after taking out the plan, there could be a disproportionately high loss to your estate
This is a home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.